Sunday, May 5, 2013

Die Sauberflöte

Last Friday I went to the opera Die Sauberflöte. It was not the best experience, but ill get to that later. There were not too many positives in my experience, but to start, the music was beautiful.

Every song was wonderful and angelic in my ears and I even recognized a few of the tracks since I downloaded the Top 100 Classical songs of all time recently. The play also had a few funny moments amid the action, like poking fun at women at some parts (obviously not men because that may have been frowned upon when the play was first written). Luckily there were also small translators so I was able to follow the story plot quite well, especially when they were singing because that didn't sound anything like German.

The tickets we bought were 3 Euro, and the placement of our seats (especially mine) reflected the cost. were were up on the 5th level and I was on the far stage-left side, so I could only see 20% of the actual stage, and that was only when the woman infront of me wasn't standing up to see. Although the play was translated, my translator was on the side opposite from the stage, so when there was action on that side, I would have to look back and forth to first read what was going on, then hope to look over in time to see what was happening.

If I were to see it again, I would definitely try to get better seats, but this time all in all I guess it was worth only paying 3 Euro

No comments:

Post a Comment