Sunday, May 5, 2013

Opera Puccini's LA BOHEME


This is my first time to go to the opera, and I was so excited and looked forward to it before I came. Stacie and I planned to go to the Staphansplatz opera one and a half hour earlier before the opera began, but when we arrived, there were already nearly 30 or more people waiting outside of the opera. It was Monday, and I thought that there would not have many people to come to the opera. The passions -- Viennese to the opera are really out of my expectation. The tickets go on sale 80mins before the opera starts, and there are three section for standing tickets: Partere, Balkon and Galerie. We bought the Partere tickets. It is 4 euro, only one euro expensive than the other two sections, but the position is the best. It is at the second floor, and directly faces the stage, and the other two sections are at the side of the stage.






The most important thing: Please remember to bring an extra scarf with you! Because it is standing ticket, so you need to tie your scarf at the railing in front of you to occupy your position. I forgot to bring my scarf, so I cannot leave my position just standing there. It is very crowed, and five or more people stand at each line. When the opera begin, the light turns down, and the music goes up.  I could not even feel any crowed, but just focused on the stage. The atmosphere was wonderful; I felt that myself was personally on the stage, and speed of my heart beating up and down with the music. There is a small screen in front of each person with the English subtitles. It is useful to me to understand the opera better than just watch.


Being honest, the standing position is a little bit uncomfortable.  We need to arrive at the opera two hours earlier, and watch the opera for two more hours keeping standing for four hours. Next time I think I will buy a seat ticket to enjoy the opera better.    

No comments:

Post a Comment