Thursday, June 6, 2013

Dancing through Time and Dimension


In a room full of people endlessly twirling around, faces and limbs whirl by faster than the eye can register who they belong to. A feeling of sheer bliss hangs in the air like music notes dancing off the page. Here, in this dizzy room, we learn the Viennese Waltz. It is quite easy to remove yourself from this room of mirrors and laughing young students to find yourself rather in a grand hall a century ago. Although the lesson started out with a pitiful medley of clumsy trips and missed turns, by the end I felt transported back to an age of elegance and poise.


Each step colored the world of my imagination. I felt the long white dresses swishing past my own as we twirled among the other spinning couples. I heard the notes skipping through the air along with the gleeful chatter of many flirty young pairs. In this place I feel free: there is no care that can bother me when I have escaped reality. 




Time travel is a tricky task in the world of reality; the secret is to remove yourself from this reality, only then do you have the ability to travel outside your own dimension. Many afternoons with our dear Friederike provided the chance to escape our current dimension of reality. Thousands of years would pass by in a mere two hours. Naturally it is difficult to choose just one afternoon as your favorite. However since I must, as much as I enjoyed visiting the seemingly innumerable famous sites of Vienna, I simply loved our afternoon of dancing. In a heartbeat I would do it all again. I happily extend the most sincere thank you to Friederike for each and every wonderful afternoon that we all had the pleasure of spending with such a sweet and knowledgeable Austrian lady.  

No comments:

Post a Comment