Friday, June 7, 2013

Life is a palace

Walking into the belvedere made me instantly feel like Cinderella.the ceilings were so detailed, every inch of it was obviously made with care. This sort of work describes Vienna itself. Every building is not built to be made, but built to impress. Walking through the streets is in like to walking within a museum. History, art and culture surrounds the city in abundance. Friedicke's classes taught me to appreciate the true artwork and history that is built into the buildings. My favorite part of these classes were the many churches that we visited. All were made with such care, and such unique styles. No two churches were alike. I wasn't raised in a religious family, so to see such impressive buildings built with a similar purpose truly taught me about the power of religion. It taught me about history, about faith, about the power of the human mind. Churches, in a way, reflect Vienna. They are beautiful. They are full of history. They are impressive. I will miss walking amount these beautiful museum streets. I will miss Vienna.

No comments:

Post a Comment