Friday, June 7, 2013

Lost in a World of Art

Looking at the impressive exterior, one would expect the interior to be just as regal. The Kunst Historisches Museum Wien is beyond what is presented on the outside. Walking through the doorway takes you back in time to an era where decoration was in its prime, and the feeling of quaint left far behind. The sheer size and intimidating demeanor would make anyone feel lost and as helpless as a child. Luckily for us, we had a guide into the world of art: Frau Friedrike Wide eyed and as innocent as a girl 10 years younger, I found myself following along as we reached further and further into stories of art. Although somewhat overwhelming at times, I still caught glimpses of pieces I recognized. I felt intantly at home listening to the interesting as well as entertaining analogies of Friedrike throughout all of the sections of the museum. I will never forget that first trip into the museum, walking through the countless statues and echoes of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment