Friday, June 7, 2013

Kunsthistorisches Museum

If I were to suggest anywhere in Vienna to check out, it would definitely have to be the kunsthistorisches museum. The museum has so much art from so many eras that it is astounding. Not only is the art beautiful, but the building itself is a piece of art itself. No matter what kind of art a person is into, it is most likely in this museum, whether it be ancient statues from Egypt or Greece, or portraits and paintings from histories' most recognized artists, the kunsthistorisches museum has it. 

We went there a few times for our class, and I myself have been there a couple times on my own, and each time I am able to find something new and wonderful to look at and enjoy. My personal favorite part was the "older" section (in terms of the art) which includes many mummies from ancient Egypt, ancient Greek sculptures and crypts, and even many Babylonian/Sumarian pieces of art which I have never seen before in my life. I have been to many different renowned art museums in the world including The National Gallery of Art in Washington D.C., the Prado Museum in Madrid, the Musee d'Orsay in Paris, and even The Louvre in Paris, but I must say that the Kunsthistorisches Museum blows them all out of the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment