Sunday, April 7, 2013

First impression of Vienna

So I arrived in Vienna a little over a week ago and its been awesome, I decided to come a few days before my group and explore a European city on my own.
Unfortunately the weather was pretty bad (Snowy and cold) but there have been a couple nice days with Sun. The architecture here is unreal, every building is incredibly beautiful. Sometimes large and beautiful churches will seemingly pop out of nowhere as you turn a corner. I have not had many interactions with locals my age, apparently everyone is either really old or a child.
My class is very fun, every day I have a 3 hour German course taught entirely in Deutsch because it is run through the program IKI (International culture institute). I am the only American in my class, there are people from all over the world (England, Croatia, Ecuador, Serbia, Korea, Japan, Philippines, and more) and it is very interesting to hear how their native accents effect their Deutsch accents.
This is all I have for now, stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment