Sunday, April 7, 2013

New Journey Started



Frist impressions of Vienna


Travelling alone and visiting a place, which I unfamiliar with, is not scary to me like it was four years ago. As a high school student, I left my family and chose to study in America. Leaving my family at that time was hard and full of uncertainty. My eyes were always wet on the flight. After four years experiencing in America, I am more independent. Instead of scare, I was more curious about the uncertainties I would have to face in Vienna.
The first impression of Vienna was cold when I stepped out of the aircraft. The temperature was lower than that in Seattle. It began to snow the second day after I landed. Due to Easter and bad weather, it was so quite in Vienna. 
The dinner I had after hiking on April 1st was unforgettable. The restaurant in Stephenplatz was located underground. There were so many people celebrating their Easter with their family. I was my first time having dinner at a underground restaurant. And it seems that there are lots of cafes, clubs and restaurants located underground.
My first impression of Vienna began to change after I settled down. Vienna is not only an artistical city with tons of baroque style architectures, but also a city where you can relax and enjoy yourself. People in Vienna are lucky. They can go to concerts whenever they want. I felt lucky that I can stay in Vienna for three months, which gives me enough time to explore Vienna more deeply. 

No comments:

Post a Comment