Sunday, April 7, 2013

First Impressions


My first time travelling to a different continent went very well! I didn’t encounter any problems on my flights and the long haul flight was not as bad as I expected, although the plane did not have much space. Getting from the airport to the hostel was also very easy and after I brought my stuff to my room, I wandered around the city for a little while to explore. Later, I went to a bar and had my first conversation in German with a couple of the people there. The next few days I just met up with everybody else from UW and further explored the city. The city is very beautiful and I am always impressed with the architecture and just the general atmosphere in the city. In my opinion, the very easy and convenient public transportation is what makes the Vienna experience even better. The trains come very often and they can quickly take you to any part of the city, and everything in the city is within walking distance from a U-Bahn station. I just can’t wait for the weather to get warmer and the sun to come out which will make the city that much more awesome. The one difficulty I’ve had here, has been living with a roommate that really only speaks German and with a very harsh accent that I can’t really understand. Our conversations can be very hard for me to follow and most often just result in short incomplete sentences. But my first impressions of Vienna have been very good and I look forward to living in this city for another 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment