Sunday, April 7, 2013

first impression of Vienna


Although I remember everything happened after I stepped out of the Custom and reported to Iki, I didn't have the time and energy to have a close look at the city until I was settled in my dorm. My first impression of Vienna was the convenience of the public transportation. My first encounter with the U-Bahn was pretty awkward. I kept looking around for staff to check my monthly pass or the machines that scan the code shown on my pass. However, I found nothing at the subway station. When I took the U-Bahn from the hotel to Iki, I was amazed by the variety kinds of public transportations. S-Bahns and buses are everywhere. And most of the S-bahns even run for every five minutes! The transportation system in Vienna is definitely more convenient and provides more options than the transportation system in Seattle.
I have never been to Europe before, but I have been to several different countries and have seen a lot of different styles of buildings. I know that the European-style buildings have delicate decorations, but I was really shocked when I realized that every building on the street looks different! I am very interested in architecture so I observed some of the buildings closely. The buildings are not the same just because the colors of the buildings are different. The patterns, the sculptures and the decorations of each building are diverse. And among all of the different type of buildings, my favorite is the Stephansdom. I like the design of the pinnacles and the pretty pattern on the roof of the cathedral. The building is huge and tall that I cant even include the top of the pinnacle in my picture It is really easy to find the Stephansdom. You can get there by taking U1 and U3. Or in my case, just walk from Iki toward the opera house direction and after ten minutes the beautiful cathedral is in front of me!




No comments:

Post a Comment